Friday, May 29, 2009

Why? Why? Why?

I'd like to strangle the person that taught my son the word "why." You might say something like, I'm going to the store for a gallon of milk." He'll say, "why?" You say, because we're out of milk and we need more. He'll say, "why?" You say, because we like to drink milk. He'll say, "why?" You say, because it tastes good and it's good for your body. He'll say, "why?" You'll get into a scientific discussion with a 3 year old about how milk works in the body. He'll say, "why?" Inevitably you will either end up in a discussion where you are either scientifically or philosophically in over your head. For those that are thinking I should respond to these neverending inquiries by saying, "Because I said so," this doesn't work. It doesn't satisfy the boy and he will just say "why?".

The Women of Distinction Luncheon went swimmingly. Well, maybe not swimmingly, but it went well and now it's over. YAY. I think I've learned a lesson with that undertaking: I'm not at a place in my life where I can take on projects like that. When my kids are older, I'll venture back in to serious philanthropy. For now, we'll volunteer where we can; but Patrick and Eva won't be babies forever and we want to make the most of this time while we can.

Coming Soon...Patrick's 3rd Birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment