Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's a New World After All...

I couldn't let this day pass without marking it in this blog. Barack Obama was inaugurated as the President of the United States of America. Woot! I acknowledge that this was remarkable because he is the first African-American person elected to this position. What has struck me more though is that this man is honest, genuine. I think that he is going to be a different kind of President. He is different in the way he handles himself. He knows what he knows and more importantly, he knows what he doesn’t know. He seeks advice from others. I don’t know, he’s just awesome. I know he’s coming into quite a mess, but he will make progress.

Sam and I watched the whole she-bang today. It was crazy how many people were there. Estimates were 2 million. Aretha Franklin’s bow was a little…not little. Malia and Sasha were super cute…I loved the orange gloves. Michelle’s dress for the day was beautiful and classic. With the last ball arrival scheduled for 2:35am, they will be exhausted. I hope they wore comfy shoes today!

No comments:

Post a Comment