Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

This was a GREAT Mother's Day.  We celebrated with my mom on Saturday night.  We had an awesome dinner at their house: marinated chicken, roasted potatoes and carrots, and wonderful green beans...completed with a homemade blackberry pie.  Yummm.  We were having fun, so I just spent the night in the loft there and the kids stayed in their usual spots with MawMaw and Doo Dah.  Mom made a tasty pastry this morning and scrambled eggs.  Thanks for making the morning special mom!
Then we met Nana and Emily at Lowe's and the kids helped me pick out new flowers for the front landscaping.  From here, we went home and got cleaned up and gathered Sam.  We met Em, Steve, Gigi, and Nana at Julia's for a late lunch.  We had a great time and took some good photos

After rest time at home, Nana came over and helped me and the kids plant my new flowers.  Sissy wasn't feeling so well today, but she made it through.  Overall, lovely weather, lovely family, awesome day.  Thanks to all the "mom people" in my life.  I couldn't do this without you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment